Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please send as OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
Abstracts should adhere to the following format
- Use capital letters in the title only where absolutely necessary
- Presenting author's surname + first name initial(s). e.g. Smith JF
- Co-authors' surname + initials. e.g. Sanders HF
- If authors are based at different institutions provide a superscript to indicate their affiliations and separate numbers by comma whithout a space, e.g. Smith Jane F1,2, Sanders HF2
Affiliations and support
- Separate affiliations by semicolons and link to authors using superscripts, e.g. 1Dept VW, Univ XY; 2Dept TU, Univ Z
- Use abbreviations for Department, University, etc. (Dept, Univ), no trailing dot
- Presenting author's email address is given at the end of all affiliations after a dot and a hyphen
- Please provide 5 keywords
- 500 words
- Structured in paragraphs (introduction/methods/results/conclusions) but without headers
- Provide up to four references
- Without obligation, we recommend the following format for references, including hyperlinks when possible:
- For periodical publications: Chance B, Williams GR (1955) Respiratory enzymes in oxidative phosphorylation. I. Kinetics of oxygen utilization. J Biol Chem 217:383-93. doi:10.1016/S0021-9258(19)57189-7.
- For publications with more than 12 authors: use et al after the 1st author
- For consortia publications, mention the consortium name: Gnaiger E et al ― MitoEAGLE Task Group (2020) Mitochondrial physiology. Bioenerg Commun 2020.1. doi:10.26124/bec:2020-0001.v1.
- For books: Nelson DL, Cox MM (2021) Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry. 8th ed. WH Freeman ISBN:9781319228002
- Cite references in the text by sequential numbers given in brackets, e.g. 
- Use lower case letters for the title
- Shorten page numbers as far as possible
- Submit up to two figures with short captions. We recommend including a graphical abstract.