- Bioenergetics Communications is the Open Access journal for publishing scientific and technical advances in bioenergetics and mitochondrial physiology in Living Communications
- Publications in Bioenergetics Communications include a title, authors and affiliations, author contributions, an introduction (presenting the purpose of the publication), materials and methods, results, a discussion or conclusions, references, and acknowledgements. However, it is not necessary to follow a fixed format, e.g., the authors may choose to place the materials and methods section before the results or at the end before the references, and the discussion section can be separated from the results, or both sections can be merged. Thus authors can focus on the quality of their work instead of following the stereotype of a journal format.
- The publications are accompanied by a folder with the original data (e.g. DLD files with the raw data).
- Manuscripts must adhere to SI units and IUPAC recommendations. MitoEAGLE recommendations on terms and symbols are to be implemented.
- The authors will send the manuscript to the MitoFit Preprint Archives.
- Authors submit the manuscript to BEC Open Peer Review. Besides the manuscript, that will be obtained from MitoFit Preprint Arch, authors will provide a declaration of (1) responsibility for the content, (2) consent of all co-authors, (3) having performed the experimental work in accordance with the ethical standards for research particularly when using humans or animals, and (4) appropriate declarations of conflicts of interest. The authors will also suggest one or two Associate Editors and three reviewers, avoiding any conflict of interest.
- We accept an opt-out option for the Open Peer Review process from an author when presented with a reasonable explanation. Further clarification may be requested. The editorial board may choose not to accept the explanation and potentially reject the manuscript. In this case, the preprint will still be archived at MitoFit Preprint Archives.
From preprint to publication
- The preprint is part of a stepwise process:
- MitoFit Preprint Archives is the fast lane of Open Access communication without peer review. Authors should indicate if the preprint is considered for Bioenergetics Communications.
- A MitoFit preprint posted by the authors as a potential publication in Bioenergetics Communications is immediately delegated to our Associate Editors or Section Editors:
- Communication with the authors to plan the non-anonymous Open Peer Review process. Up to three reviewers should be suggested by the authors.
- » For details see: Living Communications
Open Peer Review
- From MitoFit Preprint to Open Peer Review is standard for BEC. We accept an opt out option from an author when presented with a reasonable explanation. Further clarification may be requested. The editorial board may choose not to accept the explanation and potentially reject the manuscript (not the preprint).
- One or two Associate Editors and three reviewers should be suggested by the authors, avoiding any conflict of interest.
- For more information on the Open Peer Review process, please see: »BEC reviewers - Open Peer Review«
Bioenergetics Communications is part of the H2020 NextGen-O2k project
MitoPedia topics: BEC