- Bioenergetics Communications is the Open Access journal for publishing scientific and technical advances in bioenergetics and mitochondrial physiology in Living Communications
- From pre-print to re-print » Living Communications
Types of communications
- Short communications - have the format of extended abstracts, without belonging to a specific conference. Compare: Extended_abstracts. Extended abstracts posted in MitoFit Preprint Archives in the context of any conference may be submitted to Bioenergetics Communications, if the contents are suitable.
- Comments - provide critical discussions of publications, including summaries of journal clubs.
- Technical communications - contain instrumental and methodological details on HRR particularly focused on quality control
- Innovations - introduce tests of new instrumental developments or novel applications
- SUIT protocols - present the concept of a specific SUIT protocol, exceeding the MitoPedia description and containing more detail than typical methods sections in other publications
- Confirmatory results - demonstrate reproducibility (confirmation is the only way to do this) and add to the statistical significance of published results
- Negative results - discuss findings on methodological difficulties that failed to lead to a relevant innovation
- Regular papers - extended by the concept of living communications
- Minireviews - short overviews of recent progress in a specific area of bioenergetics and mitochondrial physiology
- Monographs - reviews and textbooks
- Topic series - communications collected according to specific research topics
- It is possible to publish data without statistical relevance per se, from which alone it is not possible to draw firm conclusions. Several small data sets made available from many laboratories in a methodologically consistent and reproducible way result in large data sets that are statistically even more relevant.
MitoPedia topics: BEC