Bioblast alert 2013(01): 2013-07-08
- MitoPedia: Basal respiration in physiology, cellular bioenergetics and mitochondrial physiology - an updated article, introducing Mitochondr Physiol Network.
- MitoGlobal project: The Mitochondrial Global Network (MitoGlobal) initiates a joint publication to review the state-of-the-art terminology in the rapidly expanding field of mitochondrial respiratory physiology. From the present start there is a long way to go, and we invite experts in the field to a joint walk, asking for your suggestions - Email to Erich Gnaiger.
- MiPsummer School 2013: - "Theory & Praxis" - the annual highlight that students of cellular bioenergetics and mitochondrial physiology cannot afford to miss! August 26-30, 2013, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- MiPconference 2013 - Comparative Mitochondrial Physiology MiP2013, September 23-27, 2013, Obergurgl, Austria. Due to some cancellations, a limited number of late registrations can still be accepted. >>MiP2013 abstracts online
Bioblast alert 2013(02): 2013-08-08
- Bioblast news - the uncoupler CCCP: In our on-going experiments with mitochondria from different tissues and mt-preparations, results on respiration and mt-membrane potential were fully comparable using CCCP or FCCP as uncouplers (protonophores) in parallel experiments. From now on our lab will replace FCCP by CCCP. Optimum concentrations for the estimation of ET capacity are only slightly higher for CCCP compared to FCCP. Importantly, CCCP is far less expensive than FCCP (protocol development supported by MitoCom).
- Selection of appropriate methodologies: A recently published review by Perry and colleagues provides a critical assessment of methodologies and instruments currently used in respirometry – excellent reading. Perry CG, Kane DA, Lanza IR, Neufer PD (2013) Methods for assessing mitochondrial function in diabetes. Diabetes 62: 1041-1053.
- MitoPedia - new focus section: Respiratory control ratios.
Bioblast alert 2013(03): 2013-09-18
- MiP2013: Comparative Mitochondrial Physiology: The Book of Abstracts is available of the 9th MiPconference >>> Open Access
- - A MiPconference dedicated to Kjell Johansen and Peter Hochachka - in the spirit of global networking rooted in the pioneering work of August Krogh;
- - contributions by John E Walker, Vladimir P Skulachev, Anibal E Vercesi, Hong Kyu Lee and many more outstanding mitochondrial physiologists;
- - a MiPsession on "Tissue differences in diabesity - mouse and rat" (MiPathology C2).
- Bioblast news: MiPMap - initiation of a project on mt-properties in cell types, tissues and species:
- - Comparative mitochondrial physiology - publications in the MiPMap.
- MitoPedia: Normalization of mitochondrial respiration - a simple solution to an old problem?