Bureau International des Poids et Mesures 2019 The International System of Units (SI)
|Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (2019) The International System of Units (SI). 9th edition:117-216 ISBN 978-92-822-2272-0.|
Abstract: The International System of Units, the SI, has been used around the world as the preferred system of units, the basic language for science, technology, industry and trade since it was established in 1960 by a resolution at the 11th meeting of the Conférence Générale des Poids et Mesures, the CGPM (known in English as the General Conference on Weights and Measures).
• Bioblast editor: Gnaiger E
in: Anastrophe XX Entity X and elementary unit x of A X-mass Carol
- * Preprint released 2020-08-11 » Canonical reviewer's comments on: Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (2019) The International System of Units (SI) 9th ed.
- Table 2.List of SI base quantities and units extended by elementary entity, count, and charge, to combine these elementary quantities in a table of fundamental quantities.
Quantity Symbol for quantity Q Symbol for dimension Name of abstract unit uQ Symbol for unit uQ [*] elementary entity *,$ UX U elementary unit x count *,$ NX = N·UX X elementary unit x amount of substance *,§ nX = NX·NA-1 N mole mol charge *,€ Qel = zX·e·NX I·T coulomb C = A·s length l L meter m mass m M kilogram kg time t T second s electric current I I ampere A thermodynamic temperature T Θ kelvin K luminous intensity Iv J candela cd
- [*] SI units, except for the canonical 'elementary unit' [x]. The following footnotes are canonical comments.
- * For the elementary quantities NX, nX, and Qel, the entity-type X of the elementary entity UX has to be specified in the text and indicated by a subscript: nO2; Nce; Qel.
- $ Count NX equals the number of elementary entities UX. In the SI, the quantity 'count' is explicitly considered as an exception: "Each of the seven base quantities used in the SI is regarded as having its own dimension. .. All other quantities, with the exception of counts, are derived quantities" (Bureau International des Poids et Mesures 2019 The International System of Units (SI)). An elementary entity UX is a material unit, it is not a count (UX is not a number of UX). NX has the dimension X of a count and UX has the dimension U of an elementary entity; both quantities have the same abstract unit, the 'elementary unit' [x].
- § Amount nX is an elementary quantity, converting the elementary unit [x] into the SI base unit mole [mol] using the Avogadro constant NA.
- € Charge is a derived SI quantity. Charge is an elementary quantity, converting the elementary unit [x] into coulombs [C] using the elementary charge e, or converting moles [mol] into coulombs [C] using the Faraday constant F. zX is the charge number per elementary entity UX, which is a constant for any defined elementary entity UX. Qel = zX·F·nX
|Bureau International des Poids et Mesures 2019 The International System of Units (SI)||Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (2019) The International System of Units (SI). 9th edition:117-216 ISBN 978-92-822-2272-0.||2019|
|Cohen 2008 IUPAC Green Book||Cohen ER, Cvitas T, Frey JG, Holmström B, Kuchitsu K, Marquardt R, Mills I, Pavese F, Quack M, Stohner J, Strauss HL, Takami M, Thor HL (2008) Quantities, Units and Symbols in Physical Chemistry. IUPAC Green Book 3rd Edition, 2nd Printing, IUPAC & RSC Publishing, Cambridge.||2008|
|MitoFit 2020.4.v0||Gnaiger Erich (2020) A X-mass Carol. Account of the elementaries of Body Mass Excess. MitoFit Preprint Arch 2020.4.v0.|
|Gnaiger MitoFit Preprint Arch 2020.4||Gnaiger Erich (2020) Canonical reviewer's comments on: Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (2019) The International System of Units (SI) 9th ed. MitoFit Preprint Arch 2020.4 doi:10.26124/mitofit:200004.||2020|
|BEC 2020.1 doi10.26124bec2020-0001.v1||Gnaiger Erich et al ― MitoEAGLE Task Group (2020) Mitochondrial physiology. Bioenerg Commun 2020.1. doi:10.26124/bec:2020-0001.v1.||2020|
|Goebel 2019 Wiley-VCH||Göbel EO, Siegner U (2019) The new international system of units (SI). Quantum metrology and quantum standards. Wiley-VCH 249 pp.||2019|
|Hofstadter 1979 Harvester Press||Hofstadter DR (1979) Gödel, Escher, Bach: An eternal golden braid. A metaphorical fugue on minds and machines in the spirit of Lewis Carroll. Harvester Press:499 pp.||1979|
|Kadosh 2015 Oxford Univ Press||Kadosh Roi Cohen, Dowker Ann, ed (2015) The Oxford handbook of numerical cognition. Oxford Univ Press:1185 pp.||2015|
|Kahneman 2011 Penguin Books||Kahneman D (2011) Thinking, fast and slow. Penguin Books 499 pp.||2011|
|Wilkie 2015 Front Psychol||Wilkie James EB, Bodenhausen Galen V (2015) The numerology of gender: gendered perceptions of even and odd numbers. Front Psychol 6:810.||2015|
- Bioblast links: SI base units - >>>>>>> - Click on [Expand] or [Collapse] - >>>>>>>
- Entity, count, and number, and SI base quantities / SI base units
Quantity name Symbol Unit name Symbol Comment elementary UX elementary unit [x] UX, UB; [x] not in SI count NX elementary unit [x] NX, NB; [x] not in SI number N - dimensionless = NX·UX-1 amount of substance nB mole [mol] nX, nB electric current I ampere [A] A = C·s-1 time t second [s] length l meter [m] SI: metre mass m kilogram [kg] thermodynamic temperature T kelvin [K] luminous intensity IV candela [cd]
BEC 2020.1, MitoFit 2020.4, Amount of substance, Avogadro constant, Concentration, Count, Density, Dimension, Elementary entity, International System of Units, Number, Mass, Unit, Volume, Quantity