Gnaiger C 2022 Abstract Bioblast
Gnaiger Carolina (2022)
Event: Bioblast 2022
With projects as attractive organizing tools, organizations increasingly work by projects and adopt project management methods for their work. As more and more project-based organizations exist across business areas, knowing more about the impact projects exert on organizations becomes important. How does a project change organizational identity throughout the project life cycle ? In the empirical context of the company Oroboros Instruments GmbH and the successfully completed project “NextGen-O2k”, the thematically analyzed project stories of members of the organizational team reveal four group narratives on project reality: the project (1) as identity reinforcer can underscore the continuity of an organization’s identity, (2) as analytical lens gives impetus to reflect about identity, (3) as hero may help to see difficulties as opportunities in overcoming crises, and (4) as authoritative figure affects how organizations carry out their work. The interpretation of the narrative constructions confirms that organizational and individual identity change in an interplay. The type of project and the level of prioritization it receives within the organization is decisive in what happens to organizational and individual identity. For the organizational team of Oroboros Instruments, "this project has taken over everything", in the sense of Bioblast - the Oroboros Ecosystem.
While the main body of this investigation focused on organizational identity of a company , an international scientific journal — such as BEC — requires similar emphasis on identification with its mission. Can Bioenergetics Communications take over?
- Gnaiger C (2022) A collection of stories on project reality: How does a project change organizational SME identity? Master thesis, University of Innsbruck.
• Keywords: projects, management, organizations, organizational identity
• O2k-Network Lab: AT Innsbruck Oroboros
Affiliation and acknowledgements
- Carolina Gnaiger
- Oroboros Instruments, Innsbruck, Austria
- Carolina Gnaiger
- The project NextGen-O2k has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, SME instrument phase 2, under grant agreement No. 859770.
List of abbreviations, terms and definitions - MitoPedia