Abstract: Fasching M, Gnaiger E (2018) O2k-MultiSensor system with ion selective electrodes (ISE). Mitochondr Physiol Network 15.03(08):1-26. -
O2k-Manual: The ion selective electrode (ISE) is a modular O2k-MultiSensor extension of the Oroboros O2k. ISE yield a potentiometric (voltage) signal simultaneously with the oxygen signal in both chambers of the O2k. The ISE system consists of separate reference and measuring electrodes selective for hydrophobic cations (TPP+, TPMP+), Ca2+, Mg2+, etc. This O2k-Manual describes the handling and application of the ISE system.
• O2k-Network Lab: AT_Innsbruck_Oroboros
- » Keywords: Force and membrane potential
This information is part of O2k-Open Support.
- » TPP: O2k-technical_support mt-membrane potential
- » Calcium: O2k-technical_support
- » Other ions beside TPP+ TPMP+, and Ca2+: There are ion selective membranes available, e.g. from Sigma Aldrich, for a wide variety of species. If cut to a circle with a diameter of 4 mm these membranes can be used in the ISE system. Many ions may also be detected by fluorimetric based methods.
Labels: MiParea: Instruments;methods
HRR: Oxygraph-2k, TPP, O2k-Manual
O2k-MultiSensor, DatLab, DL6, DL6a7