Los Angeles, CA US, 2023 Feb 14-16. Oroboros O2k-Workshop on high-resolution respirometry (HRR), IOC157.
Oroboros O2k-Workshop on high-resolution respirometry (HRR) in cooperation with Shirihai Orian. Los Angeles, US, 2023 February 14-16.
- Oroboros Instruments (Innsbruck, Austria) - 157th O2k-Workshop, UCLA
- Cutting-edge innovations of high-resolution respirometry (HRR) are presented by Erich Gnaiger, introducing the Oroboros NextGen-O2k  in parallel to hands-on training by Sabine Schmitt.
- HRR targets reproducibility and flexibility of substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor titration protocols  for investigating mitochondrial pathway and coupling control . Assays for mt-membrane potential, ROS production, ATP production, and calcium uptake are integrated in each chamber simultaneously with HRR. Modules for monitoring Q- and NADH-redox states and PhotoBiology with the NextGen-O2k open new windows for bioenergetic investigations.
- NextGen-O2k all-in-one
- SUIT protocols - The SUITbrowser helps you find the best SUIT protocol for your specific research questions.
- Gnaiger E (2020) Mitochondrial pathways and respiratory control. An introduction to OXPHOS analysis. 5th ed. Bioenerg Commun 2020.2. https://doi.org/10.26124/bec:2020-0002
Venue and organizers
- UCLA Campus
- 650 Charles E Young Drive South Suite
- Center for Health Sciences, Suite 34-115
- Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Prof. Andrea Hevener, University of California, Los Angeles, US
Prof. Orian Shirihai, University of California, Los Angeles, US
Erich Gnaiger, PhD, Oroboros Instruments - CEO, Innovation Alchemist
Sabine Schmitt, PhD, Oroboros Instruments - Mitochondrial Detective
- Tuesday, February 14th CHS 27-200c - downlodad pdf
- 10:00-10:50am Principles of high-resolution respirometry HRR
- 11:00-11:50am The NextGen-O2k for Q- and NADH- redox biology
- 1:00-1:50pm Application of fluorescence probes with HRR for mt-phenotyping
- 4:00-5:00pm SuperMito Seminar
- Erich Gnaiger: mitObesity - body mass excess and decline of mitochondrial fitness: from muscle to brain
- Obesity is defined as accumulation of excess fat tissue mass. Compromised mitochondrial fitness across metabolically active organs provides a mechanistic connection between obesity and comorbidities: diabetes, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases, and various types of cancer bound to redox imbalance, inflammation, oxidative stress, and insulin resistance.
|Souvenir Rhonda||US CA Los Angeles_Shirihai O, UCLA, US|
|Stiles Linsey||US CA Los Angeles_Shirihai O, UCLA, US|
|Tran Peter||US CA Los Angeles_Shirihai O, UCLA, US|
|Zhang Yuan||US CA Los Angeles_Shirihai O, UCLA, US|
|Zhou Zhenqi||US CA Los Angeles_Shirihai O, UCLA, US|
IOC recommended reading
O2k-Workshops are listed as MitoGlobal Events.'
ORO, IOC, O2k-Network, 2023, MitoGlobal