|Investigating the role of mitochondria in healthy and psychopathological aging.|
Karabatsiakis A (2017)
Mitochondria are intracellular compartments of eukaryotic cells, which use oxygen to aerobically produce most of the biochemical energy in terms of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) needed for physiological functioning of cells, tissues and organs. Recent research has raised evidence that both mitochondrial density and functioning not only show changes with healthy aging, but also are affected in stress and trauma-related psychopathological conditions related to accelerated senescence. Here, the results of ongoing research focusing immunity and immunosenescence in healthy aging will be presented. Furthermore, results from studies investigating mitochondrial density and functioning in stress and trauma-related conditions will be summarized, including major depressive disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, borderline personality disorder and childhood maltreatment.
• O2k-Network Lab: DE Ulm Karabatsiakis A
Labels: MiParea: mt-Biogenesis;mt-density, mt-Medicine, mt-Awareness Pathology: Aging;senescence, Neurodegenerative Stress:Cryopreservation Organism: Human Tissue;cell: Blood cells Preparation: Intact cells
Coupling state: LEAK, ROUTINE, ET
ORO, 2017, MitoFit
Innsbruck AT, 2017 Jul 14. MitoFit Open Seminar on immune cell bioenergetics.
Abstract: MitoFit Open Seminar on immune cell bioenergetics. Innsbruck, AT
• O2k-Network Lab: AT Innsbruck Oroboros
- Oroboros Instruments
- MiPArt Gallery
- Schöpfstr. 18 - see map
- A-6020 Innsbruck, Austria
- This open seminar is planned as an informal discussion-workshop. The time schedule is flexible and will be adjusted to the flow of discussions.
- 16:30 Alexander Karabatsiakis (University of Ulm Clinical and Biological Psychology): Investigating the role of mitochondria in healthy and psychopathological aging.
- 17:30 MitoFit Team: Blood cell mitochondrial diagnostics
- Beata Cizmarova : Assessment of mitochondrial respiratory function in cryopreserved PBMC.
- Luiz F Garcia-Souza: Towards a database on PBMC mitochondrial respiration: first steps on a literature survey linked to the MitoFit experimental data.
- Zuzana Sumbalova: The effect of lifestyle on respiration of blood cells: implications on diagnostic PBMC OXPHOS analysis.
- 18:18 Mitochondrial Summer BBQ (Oroboros)
Abstract Karabatsiakis A
Participants in alphabetical order
- We appreciate your informal confirmation of participation for organizational reasons. - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participant Institution Garcia e Souza Luiz Felipe Medical University Innsbruck Gnaiger Erich Oroboros Instruments Karabatsiakis Alexander University of Ulm Clinical and Biological Psychology Kienast Roland UMIT Laner Verena Oroboros Instruments Meszaros Andras Oroboros Instruments Mutschler Rainer BioMedical Center Speyer Troppmair Jakob D. Swarovski Research Laboratory Sumbalova Zuzana Medical University Innsbruck Cizmarova Beata Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Kosice
- Garcia-Souza 2017 MiPschool Obergurgl: Assessment of mitochondrial respiratory function in cryopreserved platelets.
- Laner 2017 Abstract EUROMIT2017 Cologne MitoFit and MITOEAGLE – towards a global data bank on mitochondrial physiology.
- Sumbalova 2016b Abstract MitoFit Science Camp 2016 Human blood cells: isolation and HRR.
- Velika 2017 Abstract MITOEAGLE Barcelona Optimization of cryopreservation of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells and platelets for high-resolution respirometry.