- Currently Answered Questions from the »Oroboros Ecosystem Agenda 2022 Archive«
- Oct-28 Fr
BEC tutorial: Is the thermodynamics of irreversible processes based on an outdated paradigm?
- Oct-21 Fr
BEC tutorial: How intensive is an intensive — in contrast to extensive — quantity?
- Oct-18 Tu
BEC tutorial: Find out the straight (yet enigmatic) connection between Gibbs energy G [J] and the 'molar Gibbs energy' of a transformation [J·mol-1], which is better called the Gibbs force:
- MitoPedia term — Gibbs energy
- Sep-06 Tu
How does proficiency testing help achieve quality and reproducibility?
- Aug-15 Mo
BEC tutorial: Did you know that a cell respiring O2 at 100 amol·s-1·x-1 consumes 60 million O2 molecules per second per cell?
- Aug-04 Th
Why do we perform multiple H2O2 calibrations in the Amplex® UltraRed assay?
The sensitivity to H2O2 of the fluorometric signal changes during the experiment as a function of: (1) experimental time and accumulating UltroxRed (similar to resorufin), (2) changes of the optical properties due to titrations, and (3) the radical scavenging capacity of the sample. Therefore, H2O2 calibrations are performed before and after sample addition, and after selected titration steps.
- Aug-02 Tu
What are the substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor titration reference protocols?
These protocols provide a common baseline for comparison of mitochondrial respiratory control in a large variety of species, tissues and cell types, mt-preparations and laboratories.
- » SUIT reference protocol«
- Jul-27 We
- Jul-25 Mo
Do scientists take responsibility for energy saving? - Or does biomedical research merely find excuses?
- Jul- 19 Tu
Do you want to find the best SUIT protocol for your research questions?
- Use the SUITbrowser: »SUITbrowser«
- Jul- 18 Mo
- Jul- 13 We
- "Assuming a publication charge of € 1200 per article, scientists mentioning mitochondria or photosynthesis pay € 100 000 every day in 2021 for ‘selling’ their output to publishers ― over € 36 Mill per year."
- - Gnaiger E (2021) Beyond counting papers – a mission and vision for scientific publication. https://doi.org/10.26124/bec:2021-0005
- Jul- 07 Th
- Jun- 15 We
The central role of the Q-junction in mitochondria
The Q-junction is a point of convergence in the electron transfer system. Electrons flow from different dehydrogenases and respiratory Complexes into the Q-junction and then downstream to Complex III.
- communicated by »Schmitt Sabine«
- May- 24 Tu
Do you know the different ways to adjust oxygen concentration in the Oroboros O2k?
- Mar- 18 Fr