- By organizing O2k-Coaching Days Innsbruck, the Oroboros team responds to increasing demands for training in high-resolution respirometry (HRR) beyond the capacity of our regular O2k-Workshops. O2k-Coaching Days are offered in the Oroboros O2k-Laboratory according to demand for four to six participants (or labs). Experts provide training for quality control in high-resolution respirometry, aimed at standardization of SUIT protocols and fostering proficiency to generate experimental data of assured high quality as required for a data base on mitochondrial physiology.
- The flexible programme is adjusted to the individual requirements of the participants, with specific coaching blocks particularly on instrumental setup and maintenance, instrumental quality control, MitoFit proficiency testing using standardized mitochondrial reference samples, DatLab analysis, SUIT protocols and experimental design, normalization of flux and data reporting, O2k-Fluorometry for measurement of hydrogen peroxide, measurement of mitochondrial membrane potential with fluorometric and potentiometric methods, measurement of respiration and acidification, quality control management in HRR. The O2k-Coaching Days help participants to get prepared for their projects on HRR, even if the regular O2k-Workshops are fully booked.
O2k-Coaching Days - Basic
- O2k-Coaching Days - Basic is a training course which provides a fundamental introduction to high-resolution respirometry (HRR) with the Oroboros O2k. We will give you an overview of the O2k-FluoRespirometer, including real-time analysis with DatLab 7.4 and applications of the Titration-Injection microPump TIP2k. Hands-on sessions range from OroboPOS technical service (instrumental quality control system which is an essential component of HRR) to respirometry experiments with substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor (SUIT) protocols. Also the new Oroboros SUITbrowser will be presented. The SUITbrowser helps you to find the best SUIT protocol for your specific research questions. Many optimized SUIT protocols are available as DL-Protocols and will be shown at the Coaching Days.
O2k-Coaching Days - Proficiency test
- O2k-Coaching Days - Proficiency test provides training on high-resolution respirometry at a basic and advanced level, guiding through standard operating procedures at the instrumental and experimental level on mitochondrial respiratory function in intact and permeabilized cells. Each participant carries out with an individual O2k the instrumental assembly, oxygen sensor service, quality control with the O2 sensor test and O2k-chamber test, performs experiments with intact and permeabilized cells (MitoFit-Reference sample) using the SUIT reference protocol, completes DatLab analysis and summarizes statistically the results in comparison with the data of other participants and a controlled reference data set. Upon successful completion of the MitoFit proficiency test, a unique certificate on 'Quality control in high-resolution respirometry' will be obtained.
O2k-Coaching Days - O2k-MultiSensor
- O2k-Coaching Days - O2k-MultiSensor provides advanced training on O2k-FluoRespirometry for measurement of mt-membrane potential, H2O2 production, phosphorylation of ADP to ATP, and O2k-potentiometric measurement of mt-membrane potential with TPP+. O2k-MultiSensor protocols and applications are always performed in combination with respirometry. Discussion of experimental results, reporting, and interpretation of SUIT protocols constitutes an integral part of the training.