The OroboPOS-Holder (POS-Holder), made from blue POM, is screwed into the copper block of the O2k-Main Unit, guiding the OroboPOS-Connector with the OroboPOS sensor head (POS) to the O2k-Chamber, and keeping the OroboPOS-Connector in a fixed position for sealing the O2k-Chamber with the OroboPOS-Seal Tip. In addition, the OroboPOS-Holder fixes the O2k-Chamber in an accurate rotational position by pressing against the angular cut of the glass chamber.
Two units of this item are standard components mounted on the O2k-Main Unit.
MitoPedia O2k and high-resolution respirometry: O2k-Open Support
- Manual: MiPNet22.11_O2k-FluoRespirometer-manual.pdf Section 5.2.
A damaged OroboPOS-Holder may cause medium to leak from the O2k-Chamber
- The OroboPOS-Holder may be damaged:
- During chamber assembly, when fixing the chamber in a wrong rotational position with the O2k-Chamber Holder (from above) before the OroboPOS-Holder is fully inserted, and subsequently screwing tightly the OroboPOS-Holder (see center picture below).
- After fully unscrewing the OroboPOS-Holder and forcing during reassembly an improperly aligned holder into the thread of the O2k-Main Unit.
- We recommend to check before any reassembly the mechanical integrity of the OroboPOS-Holder (see pictures below).
- Left picture: brand new OroboPOS-Holder, no damage on the thread, no damage on the edge.
- Center picture: used OroboPOS-Holder, almost no damage on the thread, the edge is slightly damaged.
- Right picture: heavly used OroboPOS-Holder, the thread is slightly damaged, serious damage on the edge of the aperture.
- Replacement of a damaged OroboPOS-Holder is recommended. For ordering spare parts: Spare parts & consumables
See Discussion page
MitoPedia O2k and high-resolution respirometry: O2k hardware