MitoPedia O2k and high-resolution respirometry: O2k-Open Support
The O2k-Titration Set consists of Hamilton microsyringes (6 x 10 mm3 and 3 spare plungers, 6 x 25 mm3, 1 x 50 mm3, 1 x 100 mm3, 1 x 500 mm3; fixed needles with rounded tips), provided in the Syringe Storage Box with Syringe Labels, a set of two Syringe Racks with Syringe Collars, and a set of two Tube Racks.
Reference: Product details and purchasing information
Note: Titration of chemicals in respirometry
- Overshoots or short interruptions of the flux after the injection of chemicals do not have a meaning in respirometric measurements. A disturbance of the signal is only observed due to the injected chemical and does not represent mitochondrial respiration. With the addition of a chemical solved in ethanol a little bit of oxygen is always introduced, since ethanol has higher oxygen solubility than water.
- Safety information: fixed needles are used with rounded tips, not usable for injection into tissues.
- Hamilton microsyringes are specifically produced for O2k-titrations and can be ordered directly from Oroboros Instruments to assure exact fitting with the O2k-Stopper and O2k-Chamber dimensions.
- Visit also: Hamilton.
- Eliminate rough edges with 3M™ Wetordry™ Paper Sheet P1000 by gentle rubbing.
- Use a cleaning wire for the needle. If a syringe is clogged , sometimes it is also helpful to fill it from the back with EtOH or H2O and try to press the plunger gently down.