|Description||Oroboros O2k-Workshops are organized as international oxygraph courses (IOC) on high-resolution respirometry since 1991. These range from four full-day training courses to conference lunch presentations of the Oroboros O2k and particularly the O2k-FluoRespirometer.|
|Link||Next Oroboros O2k-Workshops|
- 1 General contents of O2k-Workshops
- 2 Next O2k-Workshops
- 3 Formats
- 4 Abstracts
- 5 Oroboros travel grant
- 6 IOC recommended reading
- 7 Contact
General contents of O2k-Workshops
- Mitochondrial and cellular respiratory physiology; new challenges for high instrumental performance.
- High-resolution respirometry.
- Optimum system design - the Oroboros O2k.
- DatLab: real-time recording of oxygen concentration and flux; linear slope versus oxygen flux as a function of time.
- DatLab: the specialized software for high-resolution respirometry; high-resolution calibrations.
- Low oxygen and measurement of cellular oxygen consumption – pushing the limits of detection.
O2k and TIP2k: Real-time instrumental performance
- Instrumental background oxygen flux: measurement and correction as a function of pO2.
- High-resolution of respiratory flux at various steady-states.
- O2k-MultiSensor applications: TPP+, pH, NO
- Titration-Injection microPump (TIP2k): automatic titrations.
- Conceptual and methodological advantages of measurement at physiological low levels of oxygen.
Polarographic oxygen sensor (POS) and O2k service
- Cleaning of anode and cathode.
- Electrolyte and membrane application.
- O2k and TIP2k: instrumental maintenance.
|Date||Location - Country - IOC|
|OroDM02 Schroecken AT||2020|
|MiPNet25.01 IOC152 Schroecken AT||2020|
|MiPNet25.02 IOC Schroecken AT||2020-09-28|
|MiPNet25.11 IOC148 Riga LV||2020-10-07|
|FAT4BRAIN School IOC147 Riga LV||2020-10-12|
|MiPNet25.04 IOC146 Padova IT||2020-11-26|
|MiPNet25.13 IOC149 Innsbruck AT||2020-12-09|
- O2k-Workshops have become world-famous. They are offered on a regular basis in Austria and in other countries in cooperation with O2k-Network Labs.
O2k-Workshop: HRR and the O2k-FluoRespirometer
- The O2k-Workshop on high-resolution respirometry provides a detailed introduction to the Oroboros O2k, overview presentations on [high-resolution respirometry]] (HRR), and applications in mitochondrial physiology.
- The O2k-Workshop programme is complemented by lectures on mitochondrial physiology (general topics; O2k-Protocols). Short presentations of 'O2k perspectives' provide participants with the opportunity to present and discuss their work, including projects in progress, methodological details and conceptual aspects.
O2k-Workshop: Advanced O2k-FluoRespirometry
- The Advanced O2k-FluoRespirometry Workshop is focused on fluorometry combined with respirometry. High-resolution respirometry (HRR) is presented in overview lectures and hands-on sessions. Discussions cover protocols for the measurement of hydrogen peroxide production (Amplex red), mt-membrane potential (Safranin), ATP production (Magnesium green), and Ca2+ (Calcium green). Further O2k-MultiSensor applications are covered in these specific O2k-Workshops (e.g. IOC95).
- Following our successful IOC tradition, participants are invited to submit abstracts for short presentations of 'O2k perspectives'.
- Information on O2k-FluoRespirometry, with resolution of hydrogenperoxide in the nanomolar range: O2k-FluoRespirometer.
O2k-Workshop: TPP/ ISE
- The O2k-Workshop TPP/ISE is customized for participants interested in O2k-MultiSensor applications, particularly ion selective electrodes (ISE) for measurement of mitochondrial membrane potential (TPP+, TPMP+) and Ca2+. It covers an introduction to basic concepts on mitochondrial membrane potential: proton pumps, ion gradients, electrochemical potential (proton motive force) and the measurement of mt-membrane potential in biological samples (homogenate, permeabilized fibres). Furthermore, data analysis (from TPP+ to mt-membrane potential) constitutes a major topic.
O2k-Workshops in O2k-Network Labs
- Abstracts are welcome for short presentations, providing participants for an opportunity to present and discuss their work, including projects in progress, methodological details and conceptual aspects.
- Abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com
Instructions for IOC-Abstracts
- Abstracts are welcome for short presentations (O2k perspectives), providing participants an opportunity to present and discuss their work, including projects in progress or in the planning state, methodological details and conceptual aspects.
- Length of text: Max. 500 words including up to three references (all authors, full title) and a figure legend. The abstract does not allow excess length of text. Additional information (further references etc.) may be added into the free text which will not be included in the printed version.
- You may edit your abstract on the website any time. However, please consider the deadline for the printed programme.
- Kindly submit your abstract by emailing it to us in a wordfile. We will then add your abstract to the bioblast wiki. Please let us know if you do not wish your abstract to be open access.
- Figures: A figure is welcome. Please send us a figure (jpg or png) and your photo (jpg or png).
Oroboros travel grant
- Oroboros Instruments offers travel grants for the support of scientists attending the O2k-Workshop on high-resolution respirometry.
- Eligibility and Application
- Depending on the O2k package you purchased, you may be eligible for receiving an Oroboros Travel Grant. Please contact Oroboros Instruments for further information.
- General Information
- The number of Oroboros Travel Grants is limited.
- Oroboros Travel Grants are limited to one per research group.
- The selection of awardees is made by Oroboros Instruments.