(Redirected from OROBOROS 1994)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mitochondria and Cell Research - the Oroboros Ecosystem
- 1994: The Oxygraph is distributed world-wide under the name Oroboros'.
- While the Oroboros logo has been used as a trade mark for many years in respiratory physiology and bioenergetics, the name and logo Oroboros were registered in 1994.
- The concept "High-Resolution Respirometry" is established and illustrated in several contributions to the conference proceedings, with applications on isolated mitochondria, cultured cells and permeabilized muscle tissue.
- The contributions include demonstrations and an introduction to the Oroboros Oxygraph (10th Int. Oxygraph Course) and the first high-resolution respirometric approach to |Oxygen kinetics|oxygen kinetics]] of isolated mitochondria and cultured cells:
- Méndez G, Gnaiger E (1994) How does oxygen pressure control oxygen flux in isolated mitochondria? A methodological approach by high-resolution respirometry and digital data analysis. In: What is Controlling Life? (Gnaiger E, Gellerich FN, Wyss M, eds) Modern Trends in BioThermo-Kinetics 3. Innsbruck Univ. Press: 191-194.
- Steinlechner R, Eberl T, Margreiter R, Gnaiger E (1994) Oxygen dependence of cellular respiration in endothelial cells: A sensitive toxicological test. In: What is Controlling Life? (Gnaiger E, Gellerich FN, Wyss M, eds) Modern Trends in BioThermo-Kinetics 3. Innsbruck Univ. Press: 283-287.
|Feb||Utrecht, NL: 7. International Oxygraph Course, local organizer: Klaas Nicolay|
|Mar||Innsbruck, AT: 8. International Oxygraph Course|
|Jun||Innsbruck, AT: 9. International Oxygraph Course|
|Sep||BTK Conference - What is Controlling Life? 50 Years after Erwin Schrödinger's What is Life? -IOC10|