- The new MitoKit-CII
| The cell permeable compounds MitoKit-CII, including succinate-nv and malonate-nv, are the first generation of NeuroVive Pharmaceutical AB's prodrugs and have been developed to stimulate or inhibit Complex II of the respiratory electron transfer system in living cells. The MitoKit-CII will expand the toolbox for evaluating the role of mitochondria in disease.
- » For more information: wiki.oroboros.at/index.php/MitoKit-CII
- » For offers refer to: email@example.com
- Press conference for the NextGen-O2k project
| On 29th July, Oroboros Instruments hosted a press conference for the NextGen-O2k project. For the development of the NextGen-O2k device, Oroboros Instruments received 1.7 Million Euros from the highly competitive Horizon2020 SME Instrument Phase 2 funding program. Out of 1,848 submissions to the funding scheme, Oroboros was one of 67 companies selected and the first Tyrolian company to receive this type of funding. After the launch of the O2k-FluoRespirometer in 2012, Oroboros's focus on continuous innovation led to the development of the new NextGen-O2k, which extends the analytical and diagnostic power of high-resolution respirometry. The all-in-one MultiSensor instrument for in-depth studies of (1) the mitochondrial role in human diseases, and (2) mitochondria and chloroplasts ability in regulating algal growth as well as metabolite production rates, integrates two new modules: (+1) A Q-Module to measure Q-redox states, and (+2) a PB-Module to study PhotoBiology. The goal of the two-year funded NextGen-O2k project, which started the 1st June 2019, is to finalize the development of the new all-in-one device and prepare its market launch in 2021.
- » For more details: NextGen-O2k
- 3362 O2k-Publications in the MiPMap
- » Recent O2k-Publications
Did you know: You can search for pathological states-such as cancer-, where 261 references are listed.
- Davis BN, Yen R, Prasad V, Truskey GA (2019) Oxygen consumption in human, tissue-engineered myobundles during basal and electrical stimulation conditions. APL Bioeng 3:026103. - »Bioblast link«
- Havird JC et al (2019) Do angiosperms with highly divergent mitochondrial genomes have altered mitochondrial function? Mitochondrion 49:1-11. - »Bioblast link«
- Christian AR, Losantos-Ramos K, Marcelino G, Daniela F, Jorge S (2019) NADH-linked mitochondrial respiration in the developing mouse brain is sex-, age- and tissue-dependent. Respir Physiol Neurobiol 266:156-62. - »Bioblast link«
The World as a Laboratory - science and adventure
- Gnaiger et al (2015) Mitochondrial coupling and capacity of oxidative phosphorylation in skeletal muscle of Inuit and caucasians in the arctic winter. Scand J Med Sci Sports 25 (Suppl 4):126–34. - »Bioblast link«
- Oroboros picture of the month
| Old structures vs progressive minds
As on the cover of Ken Follett's historical novel "World without End",
describing the struggle of mankind to find the balance between old structures and progressive minds.