Reference: A: when malate-anaplerotic activity is zero
- SUIT protocol pattern: 1OctM;2D;3P;4S;5U;6Rot-
The SUIT-005 protocols provide information on the F-pathway, the combined FN pathway, and the convergence FNS pathways in the OXPHOS state. FNS comprises the most important pathways in many cell types and thus provides a physiologically relevant estimate of maximum OXPHOS- and ET capacity. SUIT-005 can be extended with the CIV assay module.
Communicated by Gnaiger E (last update 2019-06-05)
Specific SUIT protocols
SUIT-005 O2 pfi D11
- SUIT-005 O2 pfi D011 for permeabilized fibers
Steps and respiratory states
|Step||State||Pathway||Q-junction||Comment - Events (E) and Marks (M)|
|Step||Respiratory state||Pathway control||ET-Complex entry into Q-junction||Comment|
- Bioblast links: SUIT protocols - >>>>>>> - Click on [Expand] or [Collapse] - >>>>>>>
- Pathway control
Strengths and limitations
- + Reasonable duration of the experiment (1.5 to 2 h); 2-3 h when the CIV module is added.
- + The protocol provides information on F-OXPHOS capacity in the absence of a significant OXPHOS capacity in the malate-anaplerotic pathway control state.
- + FNS comprises the most important pathways in many cell types and thus provides a physiologically relevant estimate of maximum OXPHOS- and ET capacity.
- + PM & S reconstitutes TCA cycle activity (PMS) if the 2-oxoglutarate carrier does not outcompete the sources of 2-oxoglutarate.
- + Application of the cytochrome c test early in the protocol ensures comparability of all states in case of any effect of c.
Compare SUIT protocols
MitoPedia methods: Respirometry