In the pull-down menue [Graph], Select plots opens the Graph layout window 'Plots'. For each graph, the plots shown with the Y1 or Y2 axis can be selected, axis labels and line styles can be defined, the unit for the calibrated signal can be changed, Flux/Slope can be chosen to be displayed as Flux per volume or as normalized specific flux/flow, the background correction can be switched on or off, and the channel can be selectively displayed as the raw signal. Graph layouts can be selected and loaded or a Graph layout may be saved. »Compare: Scaling - DatLab.
MitoPedia O2k and high-resolution respirometry: DatLab
Contributed by Gnaiger Erich 2016-07-24
Tab: Oxygen, O2
- Go to the menue [Graph]/[Select plots]. The window Graph layout with tab 'Plots' is opened.
- Select the Graph for which the plots should be selected or edited.
- Tabs: Select the channel for which plots should be selected.(Oxygen O2, Amperometric Amp, Potentiometric pX, System channels)
- Tick boxes to select a plot for the Y1 (left) or Y2 (right) axis: The top two sections are for O2k chamber A, the two section on the bottom for O2k chamber B, in each case the first row is for the signal, the second for Flux/Slope.
- Use default label to select the default axis label
- Use custom label To define a different axis label, select and enter or edit a custom label.
- Channel labelEdit (for Amp and pX channels).
- Color defines the color of the plot.
- Width defines the line width of the plot.
- Line style: Select colour, thickness, and type (solid, dashed, etc).
- Unit: A signal may be calibrated in various units ([µM; nM; mM), and the correct unit is selected here. This does not apply for oxygen, which is alway calibrated in units [µM].
- Raw signal: Selection for display of the non-calibrated raw signal changes automatically both, the signal and the slope.
- Flux per volume or Flow per cells (Flux per mg): Select the type of normalization of flux or flow in the Flux / Slope window.
- Flux control ratio (FCR): If FCR is selected, the parameters are applied to display flux or flow. »Select mark: Flux / Slope.
- Baseline correction: If this is selected, the baseline parameters are applied to display flux or flow. »Select mark: Flux / Slope.
- Background corr.: If backbround correction is selected, the background parameters are applied to display flux or flow. »Select values: Flux / Slope.
- Layout type and Layout name are selected to Load or Save a Graph layout.
Tab: System channels
Quantities, symbols and units
|Quantity||Symbol||Units||Accurate results depend on|
|O2 raw signal||RO2||V|
|O2 concentrationa||cO2||µM||a) Oxygen calibration; edit in [F5], including the oxygen solubility factor of the medium, FM.|
|O2 pressureb||pO2||kPa (mmHg)||b) Oxygen calibration; edit in [F5], independent of the oxygen solubility factor of the medium, FM.|
|O2 slope negativec||O2 slope negative||pmol∙s-1∙ml-1||c) In addition, on correction for instrumental O2 background flux; edit in [Flux / Slope].|
|O2 flux per volumec||JV,O2||pmol∙s-1∙ml-1|
|O2 flow per cellsd||IO2||pmol∙s-1∙10-6||d) In addition, on information about sample concentration; edit [F3]: Million cells.|
|O2 flux per massd||JO2||pmol∙s-1∙mg-1||d) In addition, on information about sample concentration; edit [F3]: mg.|
|O2 flow per unitd||IO2||pmol∙s-1∙ml-1∙U-1||d) In addition, on information about sample concentration; edit [F3]: Unit.|
|Flux control ratio (per reference state)e||FCR||e) Independent on sample concentration; edit [F3]: Reference state.|
- Note: Oxygen flux is expressed in moles of oxygen, O2, independent of choosing a plot of oxygen pressure or concentration.