TissueModels - Establishing tissue-specific cell models with culture medium additives
TissueModels: FFG BRIDGE Young Scientists
- Open postdoc position: Biochemical-Genetics_Experimental-Postdoc_01.2022.pdf
- BRIDGE Young Scientists 2. Call - Project No. 878654, Medical University Innsbruck, Institute of Human Genetics
- Duration: 36 months
- Start: 2020-04-01
- Led by the Institute of Human Genetics at the Medical University Innsbruck, the TissueModels project aims to establish physiological models for the specific tissue type under investigation by defining medium compositions that preserve or re-establish structural and metabolic characteristics of cells during in vitro culture.
- The specific aims are:
- To identify medium composition with emphasis on the levels of selected fatty acids and of glucose that support growth and viability of cell lines originally derived from different tissues.
- To evaluate the metabolic consequences of incubation with selected media with emphasis on mitochondrial energetics.
- To assess the membrane lipid architecture of cells exposed to selected media to evaluate to which extent the remodeling and/or de novo synthesis of cell lipids were altered and to compare the lipidome with that of the original tissue.
- The specific aims are:
- Oemer G, Lackner L, Muigg K, Krumschnabel G, Watschinger K, Sailer S, Lindner H, Gnaiger E, Wortmann SB, Werner ER, Zschocke J, Keller MA (2018) The molecular structural diversity of mitochondrial cardiolipins. Proc Nat Acad Sci U S A 115:4158-63. - » Bioblast link«
- Dr. Markus A. Keller - Dr. Markus A. Keller, Institute of Human Genetics, Medical University Innsbruck- https://www.i-med.ac.at/imcbc/staff_doc/Keller_Markus.html
Oroboros project involvement
- Oroboros Instruments provides both infrastructure and the expertise required to conduct the respirometric measurements of the project.
- The Institute for Human Genetics has been equipped with 2 O2ks for the duration of the project.
|Oemer 2021 J Lipid Res||Oemer G, Edenhofer ML, Wohlfarter Y, Lackner K, Leman G, Koch J, Cardoso LHD, Lindner HH, Gnaiger E, Dubrac S, Zschocke J, Keller MA (2021) Fatty acyl availability modulates cardiolipin composition and alters mitochondrial function in HeLa cells. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jlr.2021.100111||J Lipid Res 100111. PMID: 34450173 Open Access||2021|
News and articles
- Bridge-Projekt „Tissue Models“ erforscht das Potential gewebsspezifischer Zellkultur, www.i-med.ac.at, 2020-06-04
- This project has received funding from the Austrian Research Promotion Funding Agency (FFG).