|News and Events||About COST Action MitoEAGLE||Working Groups||MiP/MitoEAGLE Conference, WG and MC Meeting 2019 Belgrade RS||MitoEAGLE Preprint States and rates||Short-Term Scientific Missions||Inclusiveness Target Countries||Management Committee||Members|
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment: mitochondrial fitness mapping
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
MitoPedia topics: EAGLE
COST Mentor: Mentor
|Name||Vendelin Marko, Dr.|
Institute of Cybernetics, EE
|Address||Akadeemia 21, 12618|
|Gnaiger 2019 MitoFit Preprint Arch||2019||Gnaiger E, Aasander Frostner E, Abdul Karim N, Abdel-Rahman EA, Abumrad NA, Acuna-Castroviejo D, Adiele RC, et al (2019) Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates. MitoFit Preprint Arch doi:10.26124/mitofit:190001.v6.|
|Sepp 2010 Biophys J||2010||Sepp M, Vendelin M, Vija H, Birkedal R (2010) ADP compartmentation analysis reveals coupling between pyruvate kinase and ATPases in heart muscle. Biophys J 98:2785-93.|
|Sokolova 2009 BMC Cell Biol||2009||Sokolova N, Vendelin M, Birkedal R (2009) Intracellular diffusion restrictions in isolated cardiomyocytes from rainbow trout. BMC Cell Biol 10:90.|
|Monge 2008 Mol Cell Biochem||2008||Monge C, Beraud N, Kuznetsov AV, Rostovtseva T, Sackett D, Schlattner U, Vendelin M, Saks V (2008) Regulation of respiration in brain mitochondria and synaptosomes: restrictions of ADP diffusion in situ, roles of tubulin, and mitochondrial creatine kinase. Mol Cell Biochem 318:147-65.|
|Anmann 2005 FEBS J||2005||Anmann T, Eimre M, Kuznetsov AV, Andrienko T, Kaambre T, Sikk P, Seppet E, Tiivel T, Vendelin M, Seppet EK, Saks VA (2005) Calcium-induced contraction of sarcomeres changes the regulation of mitochondrial respiration in permeabilized cardiac cells. FEBS J 272:3145-61.|
|Guerrero 2005 Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol||2005||Guerrero K, Wuyam B, Mezin P, Vivodtzev I, Vendelin M, Borel JC, Hacini R, Chavanon O, Imbeaud S, Saks V, Pison C (2005) Functional coupling of adenine nucleotide translocase and mitochondrial creatine kinase is enhanced after exercise training in lung transplant skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 289:R1144-54.|
|Andrienko 2003 J Exp Biol||2003||Andrienko T, Kuznetsov AV, Kaambre T, Usson Y, Orosco A, Appaix F, Tiivel T, Sikk P, Vendelin M, Margreiter R, Saks VA (2003) Metabolic consequences of functional complexes of mitochondria, myofibrils and sarcoplasmic reticulum in muscle cells. J Exp Biol 206:2059-72.|
|Saks 2003 Biophys J||2003||Saks V, Kuznetsov A, Andrienko T, Usson Y, Appaix F, Guerrero K, Kaambre T, Sikk P, Lemba M, Vendelin M (2003) Heterogeneity of ADP diffusion and regulation of respiration in cardiac cells. Biophys J 84:3436-56.|
|Saks 2000 Acta Physiol Scand||2000||Saks VA, Kongas O, Vendelin M, Kay L (2000) Role of the creatine/phosphocreatine system in the regulation of mitochondrial respiration. Acta Physiol Scand 168:635-41.|
- Benefits for COST and for the COST Action MitoEAGLE
- WG1: I think that we could contribute via participation in the evaluation of the protocols, and helping to develop them further. In addition, we have been working on the establishing a database that would allow us to keep protocol details, cell isolation and several other aspects. There is nothing very advanced, but we could contribute to establishing such data collection practice. In addition, we, as opposed to many others, happen to use Strathkelvin respirometer. This alternative hardware would allow us to verify whether the protocols work on them as well.
- WG2: Our main research subject is the heart muscle cells. So, we could contribute in datasets for several animals (rat, trout, mice [WT and KOs]). In collaboration with WG1, it would be possible to report data in standardized format.
MitoEAGLE Short-Term Scientific Mission
- Work Plan summary
- The aims of this STSM are:
- Work Plan summary
-  establishing new collaboration between the laboratories of Prof. Uwe Schlattner and Dr. Marko Vendelin in the field of research tightly coupled to mitochondrial physiology in the context of aging, gender differences, and environment;
-  establishing user expectations on data collection and management in experiments linked to mitochondrial physiology.
- During STSM, we plan
- * to discuss the latest results obtained in the laboratories;
- * write a prototype mathematical model to calculate movement of molecules of interest between mitochondrial periphery and intermembrane space taking into account novel developments in ATP/AMP ratio sensing developed by Prof Uwe Schlattner;
- * follow the workflow established during experiments and the data analysis in Prof. Uwe Schlattner with the perspective of taking it into account in data processing and collection software.
- The discussions are planned to be done formally, through two seminars (one for a group and one for the whole laboratory), and informally through discussion with the group and the laboratory members. In the seminars, I plan to present our latest results on comparison of respiration kinetics performed on male and female mice and an overview of the database software developed in our laboratory. If ready for presentation, some other results will be presented as well.
- STSM is planned to be started on Monday (early flight from Tallinn) with the seminar on Monday afternoon in Grenoble, and finished on Friday.