Morosinotto 2022 Abstract Bioblast
|2.5 «10+5» https://doi.org/10.26124/bec:2022-0001 |
Event: Bioblast 2022
The rate of oxygen evolution provides valuable information on the metabolic status and the photosynthetic performance of a cell, and it can be quantified by means of a photosynthesis-irradiance (PI) curve. Up to now, the construction of PI curves of unicellular organisms based on oxygen evolution has been difficult and time consuming due to the lack of sensitive instruments. Here we describe the setup of a reproducible method using the Oroboros NextGen-O2k equipped with the PhotoSynthesis-Module  for constructing PI curves based on oxygen evolution using low amounts of sample in the microalga Nannochloropsis gaditana, easily translatable to other algal species.
• Keywords: Photosynthesis, Microalgae, Oxygen evolution
• O2k-Network Lab: IT Padova Morosinotto T
Affiliation and support
- Department of Biology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy - firstname.lastname@example.org
- This work was part of the Oroboros NextGen-O2k project, with partial funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement nº 859770.
- Went N, Di Marcello M, Gnaiger E (2021) Oxygen dependence of photosynthesis and light-enhanced dark respiration studied by High-Resolution PhotoRespirometry. https://doi.org/10.26124/mitofit:2021-0005
List of abbreviations, terms and definitions - MitoPedia