Spinazzi 2019 - Leigh disease- O2k-brief repository
MitoFit Preprint Archives - The Open Access preprint server for mitochondrial physiology and bioenergetics
- On World Metrology Day (2019-05-20) the redefinition of the SI units came into force. At this occasion, Version 4 of the MitoEAGLE preprint on 'Mitochondrial respiratory rates and states' was released, in line with our emphasis on SI units for reporting data on mitochondrial respiratory physiology.
- 2019-05-20: Gnaiger E, Aasander Frostner E, Abdul Karim N, Abumrad NA, Acuna-Castroviejo D, Adiele RC, et al (2019) Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates. MitoFit Preprint Arch doi:10.26124/mitofit:190001.v4.
Advance bioenergetics to mitochondrial and cell physiology with the award-winning Oroboros O2k
- Long-term experience in high-resolution respirometry, HRR: >1,100 O2k sold
- Meet the experts at the outstanding O2k-Workshops on HRR
Browse through 3260 O2k-Publications
- Join the world-wide O2k-Network
- The O2k-technology represents innovation, optimization, and continuous development
Fair prices - low running costs
- Quality instead of empty advertisements
- Gentle Science - cooperation and corporate social responsibility
Quality management to tackle the reproducibility crisis with the O2k
New in MitoPedia: 100 years of IUPAC - towards a common language.
High-Resolution Respirometry. Respiration media - Wollenman 2017
DatLab 7.3 release
We are proud to release DatLab 7.3, optimized for the Oroboros O2k-Series H, and enhancing applications of all O2k configurations. The software includes numerous new features:
- Calibration and flux analysis – simplified for O2k-FluoRespirometer channels and add-on O2k-Modules.
- DatLab Protocols: Both (1) instrumental protocols for quality control and (2) experimental substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor (SUIT) protocols guide the user step-by-step through the experiment, with programmed Events (titrations) and Marks (sections of the experiment for statistical analysis).
- Browse DL-Protocols and templates: In a library of standardized protocols, each SUIT protocol is explained by an application example and supported by a template for data analysis.
- Lower O2 limit: Respiration becomes oxygen dependent below a critical oxygen concentration. An automatic warning alerts the user to avoid hypoxia.
- Graphs: Standard graph layouts can be selected, adjusted, and saved as User-defined layouts, to view O2k-MultiSensor experiments and export graphs for publication. Titration-induced peaks and spikes can be deleted.
- Mark statistics: New statistical features are available for numerical display of results from DL-Protocol Marks and user-defined marks: median, average, SD, outlier index. These data can be exported for further analysis.
» Recent O2k-Publications
Did you know: You can search for pathological states-such as cancer-, where 255 references are listed.
- Bajzikova et al (2018) Reactivation of dihydroorotate dehydrogenase-driven pyrimidine biosynthesis restores tumor growth of respiration-deficient cancer cells. Cell Metab S1550-4131(18)30646-6 [Epub ahead of print]. - »Bioblast link«
- Oemer et al (2018) The molecular structural diversity of mitochondrial cardiolipins. Proc Nat Acad Sci U S A 115:4158-63. - »Bioblast link«
- Doerrier C, Garcia-Souza LF, Krumschnabel G, Wohlfarter Y, Mészáros AT, Gnaiger E (2018) High-Resolution FluoRespirometry and OXPHOS protocols for human cells, permeabilized fibers from small biopsies of muscle, and isolated mitochondria. Methods Mol Biol 1782:31-70. - »Bioblast link«
The world as a laboratory - science and adventure
- Gnaiger et al (2015) Mitochondrial coupling and capacity of oxidative phosphorylation in skeletal muscle of Inuit and caucasians in the arctic winter. Scand J Med Sci Sports 25 (Suppl 4):126–34. - »Bioblast link«