Oroboros Ecosystem Agenda - 2020 week 38
2020 Week 38
||World Mitochondrial Disease Week – Sep 13-19
World Mitochondrial Disease Week raises awareness of mitochondrial disease through educational, fundraising and advocacy activities.
See what is happening near you - »https://mitochondrialdiseaseweek.org/events/
- Sep-15 Tu - World Lymphoma Awareness Day
||OXPHOS as a potential therapeutic target in classical Hodgkin lymphoma|
- from the O2k-Network »DE Frankfurt Droese S«, »DE Frankfurt Wittig I« and »NL Nijmegen Brandt U«
- Birkenmeier K, Droese S, Wittig I, Winkelmann R, Käfer V, Doering C, Hartmann S, Wenz T, Reichert AS, Brandt U, Hansmann ML (2016) Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells of classical Hodgkin lymphoma are highly dependent on oxidative phosphorylation. Int J Cancer 138:2231-46. »Bioblast link«
|| Why are permeabilized muscle fibers (pfi) a poor sample type for studying reactive oxygen species (ROS) production? |
In experiments with pfi, high oxygen concentrations are needed to avoid oxygen limitation. However, the high oxygen pressures used may artificially increase ROS, including H2O2 production, making pfi a less optimal model for ROS production studies.
- »Oxygen dependence of ROS production in pfi«
- communicated by »Komlodi Timea« and »Cardoso Luiza«
- ESCI 2020 Virtual Event Sep 20-30
Oroboros of the month
Yearly calendar - last update September 19, 2020
| Bioblast alert 2020(13)
|Some terms in “Mitochondrial physiology” Bioenergetics Communications 2020.1 (States and rates) did not look familiar ― what is the elementary unit [x]?
Fundamental answers, a critical discussion on the SI unit for count, and the meaning of Euclid’s unit and Euclid’s number are presented in an unusual ‘canonical review’:
- Gnaiger Erich (2020) Canonical reviewer's comments on: Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (2019) The International System of Units (SI) 9th ed. MitoFit Preprint Arch 2020.4 doi:10.26124/mitofit:200004. - »Bioblast link«