Bangalore IN, 2013 Dez 18. Oroboros O2k-Workshop on HRR and O2k-Fluorometry, IOC83.
83th Oroboros O2k-Workshop on high-resolution respirometry and O2k-Fluorometry. Bangalore, India, 2013 Dezember 18. Pre-Conference Workshop at SMRM2013
Programme: SMRM2013 Programme
• O2k-Network Lab: AT Innsbruck Oroboros
ORO, IOC, 2013
- Gnaiger Erich, CEO, Oroboros Instruments
The pre-conference O2k-Workshop will cover principles of high-resolution respirometry (HRR). The practically oriented presentations will address the newest developments in combined cellular and mitochondrial respirometry and fluorometry. The simultaneous measurements open up a new stage for solving long-standing methodological and conceptual problems in the area of mitochondrial ROS production, relation to mt-membrane potential, stress responses, and deeper understanding of mitochondrial respiratory control. Practical training will include data analysis using the new DatLab software version that supports various automatic calibration steps for quantification of hydrogen peroxide production or evaluation of changes in mt-membrane potential in the course of specifically designed respiratory protocols for comprehensive OXPHOS analysis. A copy of the introductory booklet on Mitochondrial pathways and respiratory control (edition 2012) will be available as a complementary handout to all participants.
- New: »O2k-Core Manual.pdf
SUIT protocols for high-resolution respirometry
- Pesta D, Gnaiger E (2012) High-resolution respirometry. OXPHOS protocols for human cells and permeabilized fibres from small biopsies of human muscle. Methods Mol Biol 810: 25-58. »Bioblast Access
- Gnaiger E (2008) Polarographic oxygen sensors, the oxygraph and high-resolution respirometry to assess mitochondrial function. In: Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Drug-Induced Toxicity (Dykens JA, Will Y, eds) John Wiley: 327-352. »Bioblast Access
HRR and O2k-Fluorometry
- »Manual: O2k-Fluo LED2-Module
- Eigentler A, Fontana-Ayoub M, Gnaiger E (2013) O2k-Fluorometry: HRR and H2O2 production in mouse cardiac tissue homogenate. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.05(01): 1-6. »Open Access
- Gnaiger E (2012) Mitochondrial pathways and respiratory control. An introduction to OXPHOS analysis. 3rd ed. Mitochondr Physiol Network 17.18. Oroboros MiPNet Publications, Innsbruck: 64 pp. »Open Access - handout to O2k-Workshop participants.
O2k-Workshops are listed as MitoGlobal Events.
- This workshop is a component of the K-Regio project MitoCom.