Bioblast Agenda - 2023 week 48
- Oroboros declares solidarity against the Russian aggression-war in Ukraine.
- »More details
2023 Week 48
||Protocols that SUIT your research question|
Using Substrate-Uncoupler-Inhibitor-Titration protocols you can study mitochondrial respiratory control through a sequence of coupling and pathway control states induced by multiple titrations within a single experimental assay.
- »SUIT protocols« and »SUITbrowser«
- communicated by »Schmitt Sabine« and »Timon-Gomez Alba«
- Dec- 01 Fr World AIDS day
||"We therefore hypothesized that the susceptibility to HIV-1 infection of FOXO1-inhibited resting T cells could be due to an increased cell metabolism. (...) Results obtained by high-resolution respirometry experiments of [human peripheral blood T cells] PBT (...) showed that [ROUTINE] respiration at the steady state was increased by [FOXO1 inhibitor] AS1842856." |
- Roux A, Leroy H, De Muylder B, Bracq L, Oussous S, Dusanter-Fourt I, Chougui G, Tacine R, Randriamampita C, Desjardins D, Le Grand R, Bouillaud F, Benichou S, Margottin-Goguet F, Cheynier R, Bismuth G, Mangeney M (2019) FOXO1 transcription factor plays a key role in T cell-HIV-1 interaction. »Bioblast link«
- from the O2k-Network »FR Paris Bouillaud F«
- »AMI 2023 Jhansi IN« Dec 1-3
2023 Week 49
|| Is DatLab 8 compatible with your operative system?|
The DatLab 8 software is designed for 64-bit versions of Windows operating systems and does not run on MAC devices.
- »DatLab 8«
- communicated by »Leo Elettra« and »Baglivo Eleonora«
||"The capacity of FA oxidative phosphorylation (F-OXPHOS) with palmitoylcarnitine was up to 4 times higher than respiration with octanoylcarnitine. The optimal concentration of palmitoylcarnitine was 10 μM which corresponds to the total concentration of LC acylcarnitines in the brain."|
- Cecatto C, Cardoso LHD, Ozola M, Korzh S, Zvejniece L, Gukalova B, Doerrier C, Dambrova M, Gnaiger E, Makrecka-Kuka M, Liepinsh E (2023) Fatty acid β-oxidation in brain mitochondria: Insights from high-resolution respirometry in mouse, rat and Drosophila brain, ischemia and aging models. MitoFit Preprints 2023.10. https://doi.org/10.26124/mitofit:2023-0010
- from the O2k-Network »AT Innsbruck Oroboros« and »LV Riga Liepins E«
||"(…) L-Erg [L-Ergothioneine] treatment prevented and delayed cystine lithiasis in a cystinuria mouse model by increasing urinary cystine solubility and restored kidney GSH content and OXPHOS function." |
- Mayayo-Vallverdú C, López de Heredia M, Prat E, González L, Espino Guarch M, Vilches C, Muñoz L, Asensi MA, Serra C, Llebaria A, Casado M, Artuch R, Garrabou G, Garcia-Roves PM, Pallardó FV, Nunes V (2023) The antioxidant l-Ergothioneine prevents cystine lithiasis in the Slc7a9-/- mouse model of cystinuria »Bioblast link«
- from the O2k-Network »ES Barcelona Moren C« and »ES Barcelona Garcia-Roves PM«
Join Mito & Chlora for discussing latest trends on all topics from bioenergetics to mitochondrial diseases.
- Date: 2024 August 26 – 31
- Location: Innsbruck, Austria
Oroboros of the month